201 Deluxe Rocking Horse or Zebra
Woodworking Plans for the Rocking Horse 201
- This deluxe, full size Rocking Horse is suitable for all kids from the ages 2 to 99!
- This lovely steed makes a perfect gift for any youngster from the ages 2 to 8 and can be comfortably ridden by an adult. You can be sure that this toys will never be outgrown. Once it is no longer ridden, it would make a perfect "clothes horse" to drape a teenager's wardrobe on.
- Approximate dimensions: 35" H x 45" L x 16.5" W
- Contains full size pattern, instructions & photos
- Plans can be used to make a Zebra as well
- Designed for 2" softwood and hardwood lumber
- These plans and instructions assume an Intermediate to Expert Level of Skills in woodworking and related safety requirements when using power tools.
- Woodworking plans are sent by mail via Canada Post. They usually arrive within 7 to 10 days from date of order. Due to postal rate structure, plans sent outside of Canada or the USA cost significantly more to ship.
- Some rockers pictured below also show the Toddler Rocking Pony 103 for size comparison
Working from our Woodworking Plans
If you are a woodworker who has purchased our Plans to build, please follow all safety requirements for the tools you use. The plans and instructions assume a basic level of skills in woodworking and related safety requirements when using power tools. We would like for you to be building wonderful things for years to come ;-)
Please also keep in mind that construction materials and finishes need to take into account the final use of the items built. For the sake of your precious little ones, be sure that the finish on your rocking toys are non-toxic. It's amazing what little kids will chew on!
Our full size Rocking Toys are intended for children from the ages of 2 and up. They are constructed in order to take the weight of a 200 lb. adult even though the children may object to sharing their toys with you ;-)
Being parents ourselves, we know how precious your little ones are to you and we know that you share our concern about safety. Toddlers should not be left unattended even if they are enjoying playing on the rockers. Vigorous rocking will move the rocking toy so these toys should not be used close to breakable objects that could be bumped or near stairs where your child could fall. All of our edges are rounded or eased to prevent injury. Children should never be allowed to stand or kneel on the seat of the rocker or use the rocker as a step ladder.
Quality Always: We suggest you use quality, kiln or air dried dried lumber and quality finishes. The final finish consists of several clear coats of hand buffed durable urathane.
Our construction involves assembly that makes extensive use of glue and dowels. We recommend you reinforce areas with hardwood dowels to prevent breakage along the grain and due to torque. Consider using a variety of cabinetwork connectors, all hidden by plugs or dowels to maximize strength and final appearance.
These toys have been built for indoor use. The finish is not intended to withstand moisture or rain although it can be wiped down during cleaning. It is made to be durable but may need to be touched up if loved too vigorously for too long. If that happens, just give it a "facelift" by renewing the final finish coat.