402 Wooden Animal Puzzles
Woodworking Plans for the Animal Puzzles 402
- Designed for TODDLERS and up
- These adorable animals are a great introduction to putting puzzles together for toddlers.
- Simply designed with just 2 or 3 interlocking pieces, they allow children to practice puzzle making with a high degree of success. Make a full set of animals and throw them into a block box and you will have a great sorting and play activity.
- When not in use, these wooden Animal Puzzles make great display pieces on your your child's book shelves.
- Approximate dimensions: 2" W x 6" H x 8" L
- Contains full size pattern, instructions & photos
- Plans for 14 different animals: SNAIL, CLOWN FISH, DUCKY, TURTLE, BUNNY, MOUSEY, ORCA, KANGAROO, ANGEL FISH, HIPPO, ELEPHANT, PIGGY, RABBIT
- Designed for 2" softwood lumber
- These plans and instructions assume a BASIC Level of Skills in woodworking and related safety requirements when using power tools.
- Woodworking plans are sent by mail via Canada Post. They usually arrive within 7 to 10 days from date of order. Due to postal rate structure, plans sent outside of Canada or the USA cost more to ship.
Working from our Woodworking Plans
If you are a woodworker who has purchased our Plans to build, please follow all safety requirements for the tools you use. The plans and instructions assume a basic level of skills in woodworking and related safety requirements when using power tools. We would like for you to be building wonderful things for years to come ;-)
Please also keep in mind that construction materials and finishes need to take into account the final use of the items built. For the sake of your precious little ones, be sure that the finishes are non-toxic. It's amazing what little kids will chew on!
There are no real safety concerns with wooden animal puzzles. Puzzles are very traditional wooden toys with a long history. However as wood ages, it may become more brittle. It is possible that if puzzle pieces are dropped from a great height that a cut out curved piece might break off. In this case we suggest discarding the puzzle and making a new one rather than reattaching the piece with glue.
Quality Always: We suggest you use quality, kiln or air dried dried lumber and quality finishes. The final finish consists of several clear coats of hand buffed durable urathane.
These toys have been built for indoor use. The finish is not intended to withstand moisture or rain although it can be wiped down during cleaning. It is made to be durable but may need to be touched up if loved too vigorously for too long. If that happens, just give it a "facelift" by renewing the final finish coat.