409 Hobby Horses for Toddlers
Woodworking Plans for the Hobby Horses 409
- Designed for TODDLERS and up
- Contains full size pattern, instructions & photos
- Plans include 2 different styles of hobby horses: WILD MUSTANGS and PRINCESS MARES
- Made of solid wood, they are meant to be ridden hard by the Junior Horse Lover
- Wooden wheel at the end of the shaft ensures a smooth ride
- Designed for 2" softwood lumber
- These plans and instructions assume a BASIC Level of Skills in woodworking and related safety requirements when using power tools.
- Woodworking plans are sent by mail via Canada Post. They usually arrive within 7 to 10 days from date of order. Due to postal rate structure, plans sent outside of Canada or the USA cost more to ship.
Working from our Woodworking Plans
If you are a woodworker who has purchased our Plans to build, please follow all safety requirements for the tools you use. The plans and instructions assume a basic level of skills in woodworking and related safety requirements when using power tools. We would like for you to be building wonderful things for years to come ;-)
Please also keep in mind that construction materials and finishes need to take into account the final use of the items built. For the sake of your precious little ones, be sure that the finish on your rocking toys are non-toxic. It's amazing what little kids will chew on!
There are no real safety concerns with these riding toys. Hobby Horses are very traditional wooden toys with a long history.
Being parents ourselves, we know how precious your little ones are to you and we know that you share our concern about safety. It stands to reason that toddlers need to be taught not to hit people or things with their toys and these hobby horses are no exception. When used in the house, be prepared for the toy to be inverted and the mane used as a broom to sweep up crumbs. Imaginative play is endless.
Quality Always: We suggest you use quality, kiln or air dried dried lumber and quality finishes. The final finish consists of several clear coats of hand buffed durable urathane.
Our construction involves assembly that makes extensive use of glue and dowels. We recommend you reinforce areas with hardwood dowels to prevent breakage along the grain and due to torque. Consider using a variety of cabinetwork connectors, all hidden by plugs or dowels to maximize strength and final appearance.
These toys have been built for indoor and outdoor use. It is made to be durable but may need to be touched up if loved too vigorously for too long. If that happens, just give it a "facelift" by renewing the final finish coat.